Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Guest Blogger- Livia Wright Taylor at 9:59 AM


I never thought I'd end up in Ogden long-term, but here I am! I found my way here for school (GO WSU!) and married another Ogden transplant who loves it here even more than I do. We bought our Pink House almost three years ago, and we just had our daughter, Aspen, in July. Kev and I love everything from the mountains to the good eats in Ogden. I don't know how long we'll stay, but for now this is definitely where we want to be.
Even though the weather is gross and there's slushy snow on the ground, I still think the Ogden River Parkway/MTC Park is my favorite place (besides my warm and cozy Pink House). I was able to take Aspen and my dog, Maddie, on one of the warmer days we've enjoyed this week and I can't explain how good it makes me feel to spend time walking along the river. Proximity to the parkway is one of the reasons I fell in love with the neighborhood we now live in. I knew I'd take Maddie for walks every week if we lived close to a beautiful pathway and I didn't have to drive us anywhere. Once Aspen was born, I committed to meeting a walking group of other new moms and it probably saved my sanity in the first few months of new parenthood. I lived for those two mornings of walking and talking; and I even got brave and took Maddie sometimes too.
The parkway isn't just for walking; there's fishing and picnic areas and lots of pavilions (Kev's mom got married there last summer!) for events. Above Harrison there's access to the Dinosaur Park and a playground (can't wait to take Aspen there when she's older!). Below Monroe the parkway meanders by the skate park, the Lorin Farr pool (which was used in the film The Sandlot), more playgrounds and the Rodeo grounds. Can you believe Kev lived here over 10 years before attending his first rodeo with me a couple of years ago? You have to see at least one during the Days of 47 or you're missing out.
I'm so glad Mikki let me share my loooove for Ogden with her readers. I hope you're checking out all the amazing things she's highlighted for you! There really is so much to do in Ogden, and I'm glad it's turning over a new leaf with all the progress downtown (hello shopping on 25th Street!). I hope to meet some of you at the upcoming events!
--
shop: livytay.etsy.com
life: livandkev.blogspot.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Blogger Unknown said on January 25, 2011

  Love the parkway! One of the highlights of Ogden I think.

Blogger annie valentine said on January 25, 2011

  I love eating out on 25th street, I want to walk up and down it all the time.

Blogger Holly T said on January 25, 2011

  I need to walk on the parkway more, and with you my friend! Ogden rules. I wouldn't say that 3 years ago, but now that I am back I LOVE IT. I'll do everything in my power to stay!

Post a Comment

xoxo,
explore, create and have fun



Newer›  ‹Older

Search


About Me

My name is mikki and i am a mama, a crafter and a yelper. i love Ogden and you can often find me drinking ungodly amounts of coffee and chasing a toddler while wearing shiny pants. ... more





Follow Me

Indie Ogden on Facebook
Indie Ogden on Twitter
Indie Ogden on Wordpress
Indie Ogden on flavor
Indie Ogden on sloucher zine
Indie Ogden on Flickr
Indie Ogden on Tumblr



Ogden Events Calendar




Sponsor Indie Ogden

Want to promote your local business and support a local blog? ... more
HIRE ME!

Mikaela's Resume of Awesome!


Support our sponsors

live live



Friends of Indie Ogden

live live liv(e) live liv(e)








Credits




This blogskin is proudly brought to you by mikaela and Mrs. Chuck Bass, with a lil' help of Chili with the basecodes. Thanks to Michelle miller for the banner. Thanks to Enlaced for the pretty icons and Tumblr for the inspirations.
© All Rights Reserved


Get an Indie Ogden banner
bloglovin.com See all »


Photobucket






See blogs and businesses for USA Blog Directory Yellow Pages for Ogden, Utah Entertainment
Resor Alanya Top Mommy Blogs - Visit Top Mommy Blogs to vote for my blog BlogCatalog

Find the best blogs at Blogs.com.

Follow my blog with bloglovin http://www.uscity.net/ Blog Giveaway Directory